Saturday, April 17, 2010

Oprah's Top Ten

Oprah's ten favorite books:


Now you know I love Oprah, but really no Joseph Conrad!?! Kudos on the Pillars of the Earth, I would add the sequel as well A World Without End. (Thanks Captain Hogwash) I agree with the Toni Morrison although maybe would have used Song of Solomon instead? Hmmm hard to say which Morrison is the best... Eckhart Tolle I liked but it didn't change my life like Oprah's. Of course Night by Ellie Wiesel, no question - it should be on everyone's top ten. John Steinbeck's East of Eden, hmmm, I would have chosen Grapes of Wrath without a doubt. I haven't read, I'm ashamed to say, Edgar Sawtelle, although everyone who did loves it. Discover the Power Within You by Eric Butterworth is another one I haven't read. Although I know I am quite powerful, so perhaps I should! Ha Ha. Anyone read that? Is it worth the time? I have fifty books, at least, next to my bed to read. I am currently reading James Frey's latest fiction Bright Shiny Morning, and I don't care that he embellised in his memoir A Million Little Pieces, because it was interesting, thought provoking and poignant all at different times. I love Kingsolver but would she be on my life changing top ten, no. No offense. I do think I will add A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry to my list because I don't know much history of India at all.

Hmmm, I have my list on the side here, but I think I will take some time and create my top ten life changing books... Okay, I'm working on it... I'll get back to you!

No comments: