Sunday, May 9, 2010

Ooops I may have influenced my daughter too much...

Today we were playing analogies. It's fun, we take turns. Even though analogies are no longer on the SAT's they are important to learning how to think. We were doing things like - Ocean is to salt then water is to _____________. OR we do pets and family names. Shoe is to sock like slipper is to _______________. Etc. It's fun. she would ask and I would fill in the last blank or I would ask and she fills in the last blank. Sometimes she finds a relationship that I wasn't even thinking of. For instance, she said do a funny one mommy, "Okay, fat is to my butt, like skinny is to ____________." She screams out, "Bitches!." I laughed so hard, I cried. I'm laughing again now just writing it.

Today's lesson: our kids are listening even when we think they're not!

No comments: