Saturday, June 7, 2008

Book Review


I just finished A Three Dog Life by Abigail Thomas. It is a beautiful memoir. In a short, easy read, we hear an honest voice telling us about how her husband sustained a traumatic brain injury and how it changed her life. It is odd because I am researching and reading as many memoirs as I can write now, as I am trying to write one. I have passed this book by, picked it up, and but it back down on numerous occasions. Then one day thanks to Borders coupons and buying a gift for someone else, I was able to purchase it for half price ($6.50). Well it only took a few hours to read, but I am glad I did. With all of the talk these days about staying in the present moment, here comes a book that exemplifies that concept. Perhaps teaching us in our own situations, at our own ages, how to rethink that concept and apply it to our own lives. Ms. Thomas didn’t start writing until she was 47, and this book was wonderful, so there is hope for the rest of us!

No comments: