Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Veteran's Day


Happy Veteran's Day to all! We will always remember those who fought, and fight, to give us the freedoms we so carelessly enjoy. And we will teach our children to remember and honor too.
Do not stand by my grave and weep ... I am not there;
I do not sleep.
When you awaken in the morning's hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush of quiet birds
circling in flight.
Do not stand by my grave and cry ...
I am not there. I did not die.
-- Royster

They shall grow not old
As we that are left grow old,
Age shall not weary them . .
Nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun,
And in the morning,
We will remember them!
-- Lawrence Binyon


Yesterday, I picked up my girl from school early because the nurse called. On the way home we stopped at Michael's to pick up a craft for her to do in bed. While in the store we saw a man in his Army fatigues and boots. I have taught my daughter to say a simple "Thank you" to soldiers. She went right up to him, "Sir, thank you for keeping our country safe." I was so proud, and truly thank all of you sirs and ma'ams for keeping us safe...

For fun, I would like to put up a poem that my seven-year-old wrote today in the sick bed. I think she's gifted, but I might be slightly prejudiced. And it has nothing to do with Veteran's Day... or does it?

Sky of Doom

Doom
Sky
Mean
and
Nasty
and
Cruel.
Lightning
and
Thunder
Crash
from
the
Sky
at
You.

No comments: