Saturday, October 24, 2009

H1N1 - yeah of course just my luck

Well I got it. Of course I did, Murphy’s law and all of that. If you haven’t had it I’ll tell you about it.

It started at 10:30 at night I was standing in the kitchen making lunches and the pain in the top of my back was so bad I could barely stand so I went in to living room and laid on the floor until I felt better, then I did some stretches for my back. Finished lunches and off to bed. In the morning, I felt woozy, woozy and wooshy and my throat was on fire. (certainly those are technical terms.) But drove to work thinking I’m just getting a cold. When I got to school I was sweating, five minutes later I was frozen, then I coughed and my throat was torn up and I coughed up phelm. As I did though my chest completely constricted and so did my breathing tubes. I could barely talk. But the time first block started I could only speak softly or it hurt like someone was rubbing broken glass on the back of my throat.

I knew I was done, the school luckily found me a sub for the rest of the day and I went home. Called Dr said I think I have bronchitis, it is difficult to breathe throat is killing me and told them that a student of mine had H1N1 she went home from school Tuesday I think. Nurse told me I did not have H1N1 because I would be more exhausted and my body aches wouldn’t just be in my back they’d be everywhere. She said they don’t want people with the flu in the office anyway. I had no temperature at that time and explained that I had taken a lot of Advil and had a temp earlier. I went out and got cough syrup, a humidifier, and Vicks like she told me.

Three hours later I was really feeling really, really like crap, so I call back and said what if I have strep, cause I had a kid with that too. She said I needed to take my temperature before my next Advil and see what that was and let someone know if it was 101. I told her it was 99 on the Advil. She told me I could come in the next day or go to the walk-in care just to make myself feel better, it seems I needed to. Well one hour later my temperature was 102.4. I guess the bitchy nurse was wrong (I wish she wasn’t) but everyone tells you to call you Dr. with your flulike symptoms. Don’t bother cause they don’t want you there. The walk in care was wonderful in contrast. Very nice, clear explained everything. I am on Tylenol, Advil, and Percoset. I am staying in my room and not coming out without a mask. My daughter was already exposed to me, the day before was my birthday (Happy Birthday H1N1). But I hope she doesn’t get it, talking and breathing are so difficult it must be so scary for a child. Poor kids with this. Dr. said you will feel like you are going to die for four days, and then you won’t. Okay, I can live with that.

Nighty night.
I do want to add I handwashed and sanitized like a crazy person, still got it...

No comments: