Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Movie buzz


I just watched the movie August Rush, and I have to recommend it to everyone. It was so beautiful; the little boy in it was incredible. As soon as I finished watching it, I stepped outside and the whole world seemed magical, the stars, the strange breeze...
Music. I love music, I don’t think about it much anymore, except on weekends turning off that infernal television and cranking up the tunes. I definitely have my need for cleaning music. I know my child has an ear for music, unlike her mother. Now I am thinking I need to encourage her musically even more than I do, since I watched this amazing movie. I don’t think she is an “August Rush,” but what if she found the magic in it. She always dances, so I know she finds the energy in it. Ok, I’ve just decided although she is saving her money for an electric guitar, if she doesn’t have enough by her birthday I am going to pay for the rest anyway and replace her broken keyboard. Maybe music really is an electric connection between all things, what then could be wrong with encouraging that. Music – connections – communication – language, hmmm.
We all need some magic. Listen to the world around you, and have a magical day!

No comments: