Saturday, April 12, 2008

Have you praised/thanked your coworkers lately?


I was at a conference of teachers today and realized in the middle of it what amazing people teachers are, and that even if you don't know each other once you know you are both teachers a bond is automatically made and so many different conversations can happen. Then I was thinking that I work with some great teachers, who have been helpful and supportive to me during my first year. And that people like to be appreciated. In that spirit I sent this email out to the teachers I deal with at my school:

To My Esteemed Colleagues,
I wanted to forward something that made me laugh and thought that I would take this opportunity to thank all of you for your support and help during my first year of teaching. It seems that I could not have been surrounded by such consummate professionals anywhere else. You are each incredible in your own unique ways. I am proud to be teaching with such amazing teachers.
Thank you. You all ROCK!

P.S. (a forward from the net)What happens when teachers die?

A teacher dies and goes to Heaven. When she gets there, she meets Peter at the pearly white gates.
Peter says to her, "Welcome to Heaven. Let me give you an orientation first." So, Peter takes her to some beautiful mansions.
The teacher asks, "Who lives here in these beautiful houses?" "These are for doctors. They did a lot of good on Earth so they get a nice mansion," replied Peter.
Peter takes the teacher to some more mansions. These were more magnificent than the first. "Wow, who lives here?"
"These mansions are for social workers. They did a lot of good on Earth but didn't make a lot of money so they get a better house."
Peter took the teacher to some more mansions. These were the most gorgeous homes she had ever seen. They had huge columns, well-manicured lawns, beautiful stained glass windows; the works!
"These are the most beautiful homes I have ever seen," exclaimed the teacher, "Who lives here?"
"Teachers live here." said Peter, "They did much good on Earth and received very little money so they get the best houses in all of Heaven."
"But where are all of the teachers?" inquired the teacher.
Peter answered, "Oh, they'll be back soon.
They're all in Hell at an in-service."

(Now that's funny! If teachers were paid by the meeting we would all be making a fortune!)

No comments: