Sunday, February 17, 2008

I Can't Believe the Weekend is Over Already

For anyone who says that being a teacher is easy because we have so much time off and leave work early everyday, first of all isn’t getting up at the butt crack of dawn and driving to work in the dark. But no one knows. I get home from work and if I am not playing with my daughter, or doing only the necessary cleaning, I am still doing schoolwork. Now it is wonderful because I can enter grades online in an electronic grade book, check email, and do research for assignments online. Technology makes it easier to work at home, which helps me be a better mother. I can sit and spend time with my child while sitting on the computer and working. I love it and I am not complaining at all, but it is definitely a job that never ends. I had to go into work on Saturday this week to help a student and I will tell you I was not the only one. There we many of my dedicated coworkers there helping students as well.

The only reason I mention any of this is that my dear neighbor let me borrow a movie, R. Kelly’s Trapped in the Closet – Part 2. She loaned me this movie two weeks ago and here it is Sunday night of another week, and I still haven’t had time to watch this movie! It is definitely not a movie that can be on while my daughter is awake. The first movie was amazing, he sings the entire story as it is acted out and it is like six degrees of separation and coincidences all wrapped up into a hysterical story of revelation about whose with who, etc. It is not for those people who are easily offended, or don’t want to hear potty mouths, but it was funny. It was not a “mainstream” flick. The only thing I didn’t like was the use of the “n” word, even though it was just used between friends and not in a hateful way, I don’t think anyone should use it. It would be best if no one ever used the word again, so to keep it as part of the current vocabulary is wrong, it just promotes hate. I hope I get to see Part 2 this week, if not next week is school vacation. The good news is my lesson plans are done for the week and I am up to date on my grading of papers. C I promise I'll return the movie sometime this month!

Happy President's Day although we'll all be at work!

No comments: