Sunday, February 3, 2008

To Bitch or Not to Bitch, That is the Question

Well, the library book has been found! The kicker, however, is the where. For a month my little reader hasn’t been allowed to take books home from the school library, or even look at the real books (she tells me) because we couldn’t find that book. Where was it? Right where it should have been. In her classroom… She was so excited that she could take books out again she is not even upset. I am. The book was at school, although it should have been in the library, she was close. It’s a hard lesson to learn, learning to suck it up. She is happy, so I'll just leave it alone. Is she learning to choose when to stand up for herself? I just don’t know. The child is six and the book was at school, I think that is close enough. It's not about her teacher at all because she is wonderful, it is about all of that time she hasn't been able to use the library when technically she did bring the book back. I don't know. I do know we had a great time snuggling up and reading the two books she brought home.

No comments: